Thursday, October 16, 2008

SUBWAY Eat Fresh...

Okay, I have to get this off my chest.  I happen to really love Subway. I know there are those people out there who either HATE Subway or LOVE Subway.  I am one who loves it.  I eat there maybe 3 times a week.  A few of us at the office go running and then quickly pick up a sandwich there on the way back.  Its perfect, but I am starting to get a little upset.  I am really trying to figure out if I am not speaking clearly or if everyone at Subway hates me. There has got to be something. Who knows, but seriously what part of "A Little Mustard Please." don't they understand.  The funny thing is I have gone to multiple Subways and have had different sandwich technicians and they all poor on the mustard.  Its those stupid bottles they use.  That is one thing I like about Quiznos more than Subway...they spread the mustard evenly on the bread rather than just squeeze half a bottle of mustard on my 6" Turkey Sandwich!!!! It really frustrates me.  

I know what you're all thinking,"why don't you just not order mustard?" Well I like it. It adds a little kick to my sandwich. I have vetoed mayonnaise, and I want a little somethin somethin if you know what I am sayin.  

I really hope that someone that works for Subway reads this so they will spread the word to their fellow coworkers and stop this mustard madness. 

10 comments:

Brian Stucki said...

My wife is the same way. We finally determined that "a little" just means something different to everyone. So now when they ask if she wants mustard, she says, "Just one line down the center."

That is plain enough for most anyone to understand. (And when they put the pieces together it spreads it enough.)

Maybe that will help.

The Smith's said...

You should just pass on the mustard & then when they ring you up ask for a packet of mustard... then you will get just the amount you want!!!

MJ said...

You can also ask for mustard on the side and they give it to you in a cup. I've done that a few times because of similar issues.

terynmendenhall said...

Oh the subway staff. I say go with positive reinforcement. They will be more receptive if you say, "oh my...ummm that looks delicious...you spread those tomatoes out so perfectly, and those jalapinoes, divinely place, oh, can I get just a little bit of mustard." Maybe that will work. I continually find myself resisting the urge to jump back there and make the damn thing myself.

Steph Loveland said...

Karrie, Subway Great! Less mustard? NEVER!!! Give me mustard or give me death! Mustard is delicious, have you ever tried dipping pretzels in it....Ooooo, Yummy! I'm hungry, gotta go. XOXO

LynDee said...

I am with you, I just gave up on mustard unless I am making it myself. That is funny though. I think the first post about one line down the center will work..maybe I will bring mustard back and give that a try.

Kera said...

i love when I ask for a little mustard and the first squirt of it is about the size of a baseball on the very end and then a thin line the rest of the way down! This actually happened to me on last Thurs.

The Hammonds said...

Okay, Kera is right on...even if you say 1 squirt down the middle, the first squirt to come out is huge. It doesn't work.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

So, this is really funny because right now, I'm eating a Subway sandwich and before I got on your blog, I told my co-worker that the guy always puts WAY too much honey-mustard on my sandwich. The bread is soggy from it. I'm not a mustard or mayo fan, but I LOVE the honey-mustard (unless it's all I can taste). Anyway...I appreciated this because I could totally relate!

Alex and Anna said...

oh my heck this is really a big problem you should write them a letter! it would really benefit a lot of people. They put so much mustard on it is all you can taste. and mayo. i always say a little mayo but its like they make sure your looking and do a huge squirt of it.