Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Twilight Series



I have to give "PROPS" to Stephenie Meyer.

I have been living vicariously through Bella, Edward, and Jacob for the past few months.  I couldn't wait to turn the next page of each book to see what was going to happen next.   Was Bella going to fall for Jacob or was she going to be with Edward?   I won't ruin it for those who haven't read it. It made all my traveling a lot more enjoyable. I have to apologize to Damon though because there were nights when I would just sit on the couch reading and he would try and talk to me but I would just ignore him because I was so into the book.  I got Damon reading them now so we'll see if he feels the same way.  

I have to give props to Kaes...I was going to fly to one of my events, and I was at the airport wondering if there were any good books out so I thought who would know of some good book....OF COURSE, KAESY! So she knew I would love this and she was right on. Thanks Kaes.

I think there was a time when I wished I would fall in love with a Vampire...just kidding Damon.  You know you're my One and Only... She just makes it so awesome, and pretty much makes Edward the perfect man alive or somewhat alive.

I noticed there was a little symbolism to mormonism, but not to the point where if you weren't mormon you would notice.  I would state what they were but again if you haven't read the books it will ruin it...so if anyone wants to agree to disagree, I am up for it.

I just finished the last book, Breaking Dawn, and when I finished I was like well great, now what am I going to do with my time.  As soon as I got home from work I would start reading... On to the next romance novel, Nights in Rodanthe.  Movie is coming out the end of September so I wanted to hurry and read it. So far so good.

10 comments:

Kaesy said...

Oh, Kare, I know you like the back of my hand. =) I'll have to let you know when I'm done with mine...

terynmendenhall said...

Book review and Props with Karrie. i love it, should be a TV show. You would be great on TV by the way. Makes me want to finish the series, a little. Love you Kare!

Kaesy said...

Renesmee? You've got to be kidding me. How lame.

terynmendenhall said...

Of course I saw that dance!!! I loved it too. I feel as though I missed my calling as a dancer when i watch that wonderful show. Its never too late though right? She has lots of other good songs too, youmust get some of her cd's. Or we should make a new mix!!!??? Yes.....yes we should.

The Hammonds said...

Renesmee is a little dumb... I do agree. I have a hard time saying her name.

Kera said...

ok, a few thoughts.
first off... when i read the first 3 books about a year ago, I was the WORST mother ever. i would sit there all day, tossing animal crackers at haidyn.
I did really like the 4th book but was a bit peeved for a few reasons while reading my life away.
(CAUTION, spoilers coming if you haven't read this book)
- when bella said she was going to name her baby Edward Jacob, I wanted to scream! and then she named it reneslame.
-how bella was pregnant for half of the book
-and last but not least... why wasn't there more action at the end with the Volturi. It was so built up kind of for nothing. The voturi just said, Welp, see ya later. I really wanted that Jane girl to get zapped or something at least.

but i can't lie. i loved them all and can't wait to see the movie.

Chris & Carolyn said...

i just started reading the first one.... and love it! can't put it down. i almost ruined it all by reading kera's comment though. i had to force myslef to not spoil it.

LynDee said...

So my sister and sister in law tried to get me to read the books last year and I thought it sounded dumb but yes I fell victim and am seriously eating my words. I have never been so overly involved in a book before..as embarrased as I am to admit it. I also agree that Renesmee is the stupidest name and have expressed that to my sister as well. Instead of putting motherhood on hold for a few days while I read book 4 I stayed up till 5 am reading and finished in 1 day...yes I am lame. Chad also was annoyed and wanted to know what was so good about the book..the worst part is how dumb it sounds when you try to explain it! I love that Damon is reading it, I tried to convince Chad because I want to see if it has the same effect on men...but he says he doesn't have time.. I think he is afraid that he might get hooked! So you will have to let me know what Damon thinks.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Karrie! I'm so glad you have a blog and you found ours! The only way I could find out what you were up to was through Jones! I just finished Breaking Dawn about two weeks ago. Even though I like the series in general and I have a secret (well, not so secret, even McLane knows about it) crush on Edward, I was kind of disappointed in the last book. Maybe I'm just cynical, I don't know, but I realized that Meyer really isn't necessarily a GREAT writer - she just knows how to play up good characters (like Edward and Jacob). Bella wasn't my fave. Anyway, off my soap box now. It was fun looking at your blog and you guys are way cute together! And props on getting Damon to read them! I don't think I could get McLane to get into them at all! Please keep in touch!

Kaesy said...

Let's all take a moment of silence. Funny kare. I'll give it to ya.