Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New York

New York, New York!!! 

So Damon and I just got back from New York.  Any girl who loves to go shopping will find themselves a kid in a candy store, a lion set free from its cage, a squirrel who just found a nut...

I was told that Canal Street was the place to go to get cheap designer purses, jeans, jewelry, etc...well I have decided that Canal Street is my least favorite place in New York. I was afraid for my life. It was poring rain, I had gang members trying to sell me jeans hidden in their secret hiding spots...asians taking me in their secret doors, and in the end most of the stuff wasn't even real. There were these guys who were trying to sell me a Louis Vuitton purse that was actually real. By the way I don't even like Louis Vuitton. They took us behind a phone booth and were looking around for cops, and they had the purses in these black plastic bags which is what everyone uses at Canal Street because most the stuff you buy is illegal and stolen. If I would have bought that purse, I probably  would have been calling one of ya to bail Damon and me out of jail.

So Damon and I decided to leave there and go shopping around Time Square...well again, nothing was going our way. Everything we liked they didn't have in our size. Defeated soldiers we decided to go to Fridays and indulge in a scrumptious brownie obsession to sulk in our misery.  Well we go sit at the bar because the place is packed, and of course we get the meanest bar tender alive... and they just ran out of brownie obsession. We couldn't believe it. Our day was officially down the drain...Thats when we met Eddy.  He became my best friend.  Eddy, who almost hit on Damon when I was in the bathroom, began to speak to us about the hotspots for fashion.  Then he said the four letter word...SOHO!!!  The next morning we took his advise. We stepped off the (6) Subway on Spring St and walked to Prince St. As we turned the corner the skies turned blue and the dark clouds opened.  We only had 3 hours before we had to leave and go to the airport, so we had to act fast.  We ended up getting designer jeans for cheap... I bought the cutest boots, and we got Damon some awesome ties for like 5 dollars each.  I needed like a whole day there.  NOW I KNOW, and I am letting all of my shopping lovers out there know that if you ever go to New York...ask someone how to get to SOHO!!!! 

4 comments:

Kaesy said...

Kare, I already feel like I know you better...and know what you're up to. You're too funny. So happy you're a blogger!

LiSa said...

Kaes told me a rumor that you are a blogger! It's true and now i'm so happy to keep tabs on you :-). Now, for my next item of business. Next time you find yourself in New York and need shopping advise... Call Lisa. I lived just off Canal street and almost in the heart of SoHo (the happiest place on earth). I don't think you understand how much I relate to what you just said. Hahaha. Now... I need to know... was eddy by chance a flamboyantly gay black man with wierd glasses? I'm thinking he may be working at the fridays that was on the same street as the applebees I worked at on 50th and Broadway. I wouldn't be suprised ;-). Love ya!

Kera said...

i love the colors on your blog. love it. I love that you have a blog now. MISS YOU

terynmendenhall said...

I too love that you're bloggin it up. But I really love this, " a kid in a candy store, a lion set free from its cage, a squirrel who just found a nut..." it killed me. Please please remember our alternates for Burnt toast no butter? oh...and how about Rick likes his toast dry. It hurts my palate just considering it. I almost think he might be faking, but its for real.