Thursday, May 29, 2008

Iliotibial band friction syndrome.

The IT band is a tough group of fibers that run along the outside of the thigh. The gluteal muscles and the tensor fascia lata muscle attach to the top, and the lower part attaches to the tibia, just below the knee. IT Band SYNDROME occurs when there is irritation to this band of fibrous tissue. The irritation usually occurs over the outside of the knee.




So in 2 days, that's right 2 days...I am supposed to be participating in the Rock n Roll marathon in San Diego. So Damon and I decide to go on a 10 mile run yesterday and after mile 1, my IT band gets inflamed.  Its the worst feeling. It makes it so you can't run.  I have 2 days until I am supposed to run 26 miles, and I can't even run 1.  Sooooo...now Advil has become my best friend and I am just taking it easy.  Lets hope I will be able to even give it a try this weekend.  Everyone say a little prayer for me :)  appreciation!

200px-Advil_200mg_Caplets.jpg  





4 comments:

MJ said...

I injured my back a few weeks before I ran Boston a few years ago. My miracle prayer was answered and I was able to run. It sucks when you get hurt, especially when you are so close. Hopefully it will heal for you. Good luck!

Kera said...

oh no. good luck. let me know how it goes.

terynmendenhall said...

I knew it all along...humans were not made to run that much.

But I do hope it all went well for you. Kick that IT band in the ass..its been givin you fits for way too long.

Kaesy said...

I'm SUPER exicted to see pics of the event! Even if you're dead, post them anyway.