Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hair

So I thought I would share my little traveling experience yesterday. Pretty hilarious.  You might have needed to been there, but I thought I would share any way.  

So I book all my flights usually under Karrie Broderick because all of my reward points are through that name and it is a nightmare to change (5) airlines over.  So I just use my passport when I travel usually. Well my passport picture has A LOT of blonde highlights. Basically during the time of my life when I was the most blonde I have ever been, and right now I am pretty dark. Almost black, but not quite.  

Well yesterday I flew to Vegas for a meeting and a little Teryn TLC and EVERYTIME I had to show my passport, the Security checkers would look at the picture and then look at me and give me this look.  They would then proceed to say, "so are you a blonde or do you have naturally dark hair?" I would reply, "I am naturally dark." They would then reply back saying, "I really like the blonde." and then proceed to give me my passport back.  HILARIOUS! Maybe I shouldn't be dark anymore and go back to being a blondey! It was so funny because every single person did it.

Got to love the honest folk!  The security checkers were going way beyond their call of duty. Not only were they making sure I was who I was, but giving me beauty tips. 

7 comments:

Kaesy said...

Ah but they don't know anything. I like you better dark!

Kera said...

i love your hair color. best ever. but, i do remember when you had those sort of carmel pieces up front. super cute too. your beautiful. my hair is no longer blonde. it lasted a few month, just long enough for me to damage the crap out of it and then dye it back a more natural shade. hooray.

The Hammonds said...

The fact that they were missing teeth and practically looked like men. I didn't take it to heart!

Sarah and Trent said...

Hey this totally happens to me too~ a little different, it's super funny. My drivers license picture is BAD and I look quite chunky. More than a few times security peops at the airport tell me that I look way better now, even though I'm pregnant.
Uh... thanks, I think?

Chris & Carolyn said...

you could be bald and you would still be beautiful!!

terynmendenhall said...

Lets be honest, you had more fun when you were blonde? haha jk, I gotta represent.

Jeff and Melina Burgess said...

Leave it to the security checkers right? No way, I like it dark, but what good is a hairstylist if you can't have it both ways right!