Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bear Lake





Damon and I went to the best place in the world, at least for me.  It's the one place where I can go and all my troubles go away.  We were up there with my dad, my grandma, my brother and his wife, and my cute little niece.  She is seriously so adorable.  It will probably be the last time that my entire family will be together like that.  It wasn't easy taking care of my grandma, but it was worth it. She means the world to me and my family. We had so much fun.  We played wiffle ball on the beach, and I kicked Damon and Brady's butt...Calli kicked all of our butts... We would talk by the campfire every night and roast smores.  It was so strange talking with my dad.  He is so normal now, and to think I might have lost him 6 months ago.   I love my family and I have been so blessed to witness so many miracles.


9 comments:

Kera said...

there is nothing like good company and camp fires. I am so happy to hear how good your dad is doing.
can't wait for you to visit our new lake :) well not new for patrick but more new for me.
lv you guys.

terynmendenhall said...

I love how close your family is. Did that kiss on the forehead break Damon's heart? gosh!!!
P.S. I can't wait for you to be a grandma, you will be fabulous!

Chris & Carolyn said...

i as well LOVE bear lake. i sure hope you had a raspberry shake! that top pic of your niece is adorable. family vacations are the greatest!
PS, i can't wait until you are a mom, you will be stupendous! :)

The Hammonds said...

PS, Boo...I can do the waiting for the both of us... :)

Sarah and Trent said...

cute pictures! You guys have to tell us how you got home...:)

Jeff and Melina Burgess said...

I agree nothing better than the lake! So glad you got to go with your whole family. I am glad to hear he is normal now, its so scary going through that with one of your parents! Love ya

Chris & Carolyn said...

haha, well i hope the waiting isnt too long. i want to meet my Boo's little Boo!

Sarah and Trent said...

My email is s_porty7@yahoo.com...

LynDee said...

Karrie, over the 4th?? We were up their too, I am sorry that we missed you. I agree that it is great to be up their with family but in contradiction to the other comments once you have kids...they are great but Bear Lake is no longer relaxing. I left my Cali alone for 1 minute and she was inhaling fumes from the gas tank of the 4-wheeler.